Makes about 16 small pancakes
1/2 cup flour of choice*
1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 large or 2 small bananas
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup milk of choice**
1 grated red apple
Coconut oil or butter for frying
*(I use a mix of quinoa and amaranth, but have also used brown rice flour and it worked really well - sorghum and buckwheat should also work)
Apple Cinnamon pancakes
1. Mix together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking power
2. Put banana, vanilla, eggs and milk in a good blender or food processor - mix well until combined, then add the dry mixture and blend until you have a batter.
3. Grate 1 apple and mix through the rest of the mixture
4. Heat a non stick fry pan on a medium to high heat and melt 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil.
5. Add a spoonful of the mixture onto the pan and wait for bubbles to appear, then flip. Leave for a minute or two then remove from the heat and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
Note: Heats will vary depending on the stove top, so use the first pancake as a test to make sure the heat is right.