Healthy Banana bread
3 medium (very ripe) bananas (approx. 400g)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup macadamia oil (or melted coconut oil)
1/3 cup rice malt syrup (or honey)
2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup quinoa flour*
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
*You could use more almond meal OR another plain flour of your choice.
**You can add fruit or nuts into the mix, I like to use walnuts or strawberries/pear for something a bit different.
1. Pre heat oven to 160C fan forced and use some coconut oil to grease a small loaf tin.
2. Blend banana, vanilla, macadamia (or coconut) oil and rice malt syrup in a large food processor. (Alternatively, you can mash it very well).
3. In a separate bowl mix together almond meal, quinoa flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and soda, then add it to the banana mix. Blend/mix well until combined and a batter consistency is reached.
4. Add two eggs to the mix and blend again until it is all combined.
5. Put the mixture into a small loaf tin and then in the oven for 50-60 mins, or until cooked through.
Note: Oven times may vary depending on your oven.