Scrambled citrusy-herbed quinoa bowl
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
Salt and pepper, to season
1 tbsp lemon rind
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 spring onion stalks - both white and green parts, chopped finely
1/4 cup each chopped parsely and dill
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Chili flakes or 1 small chilli, finely diced
1/2 a lime
Nigella or sesame seeds
1. Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions
2. While the quinoa is cooking use this time to prep the rest of the ingredients; grate the lemon rind, juice the lemon and lime (into separate bowls), chop the spring onion and herbs and finely chop the garlic and chili.
3. When the quinoa is cooked season with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper, the lemon rind and juice, the green part of the spring onions, a drizzle of olive oil and the parsely and dill, mix well until combined, then add the egg and whisked it in with a fork.
4. Heat a large non stick fry pan on a medium - high heat and add 1- 2 tsp of the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the 2 gloves of chopped garlic, the chili or chili flakes and the white part of the spring onion - cook for a few mins stirring until fragrant (don't let the garlic burn).
5. Put the rest of the olive oil in the pan and then add the quinoa mix, let it cook for a few minutes or until the egg is cooked through, mixing frequently with a spatula or wooden spoon.
6. Put the scrambled quinoa in a bowl, drizzle with lime juice and top with wilted spinach, avocado and salmon, or anything else of your choice!