Coconut quinoa curry
1. Put some coconut oil or olive oil in a pan and heat on medium – high heat, sauté the onion for a few minutes, until it turns somewhat translucent. Add the cherry tomatoes and fry them together for a few minutes, then add the cumin seeds and leave to cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the chickpeas, the rest of the spices and the salt to the mixture and mix in well, then pour 1 of the tins of coconut milk in and allow it to simmer for 10 mins or so.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa (as per instructions on the packet).
4. Add the chicken to the coconut curry mixture and allow to simmer on a low-medium high heat for 5-10mins. Add the spinach and simmer for a further 2-3 mins or until the spinach has wilted and the chicken is cooked.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve with the cooked quinoa.
*Note: rice works just as well as quinoa
Serves 4 - 6, depending on how hungry you are!
Also, this freezes well if you make too much.
2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 red onion, diced
1 punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 cups of chick peas (pre soaked) OR 2 tins of chick peas
2 tsp turmeric ground
2 tbsp ground cumin
3 tbsp curry powder
1-2 tsp of fine Himalayan pink salt
2 x 400ml tins coconut milk
6 chicken thighs, chopped into small pieces
2 large handfuls of baby spinach
Black pepper, to taste
1.5 cups of uncooked quinoa*