Makes 6-8 fritters
1 corn cob (1 cup corn)
2 tbsp polenta
1/3 cup quinoa flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup aqua faba*
1 spring onion stalk (green and white parts) and/or 2 stalks chives or coriander (optional)
2-3 teaspoons of olive or coconut oil
*Aqua faba is the water that chick peas are soaked in. I soak dry chick peas overnight in plenty of water then boil them for 20-30mins with a pinch of salt. Alternatively, you can use the chick pea water from a can, when I do I make sure the tin is BPA free.
1. Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Break the corn cob in half and put it in the boiling pot of water. Cook for 10-15 mins.
2. When the corn is done take it out of the water and set it aside. Then when it has cooled down use a knife to cut the corn kernels off and put them in a large mixing bowl.
3. Put the polenta, quinoa flour, baking powder and salt in the bowl with the corn and mix well.
4. Add in the aqua faba, mixing well again.
5. Heat a large non stick fry pan on a medium - high heat and add a teaspoon of the olive or coconut oil.
6. When the oil is hot add a large tablespoon of the corn fritter mixture and shallow fry until it is crispy, it should take a few minutes per side.
- Tomato relish, avocado and bacon (as shown)
- Smoked salmon, poached egg and chives