Crunchy Peanut Butter Cups
Makes 10 cupcake size or 20 bite size*
4 tbsp coconut oil (soft but mot melted)
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
4 tsp cacao powder
1/8 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
4 tbsp rice malt syrup
1/3 cup quinoa puffs **
1/4 cup activated buckwheat groats
*You can use a silicon ice tray to make the bite size ones, they come in all kinds of fun shapes!
**I get this from health food stores, alternatively you could use rice bubbles.
1. Put the coconut oil in a small food processor with the peanut butter, coconut milk and vanilla and blend until the ingredients are well combined and creamy (only about 30 seconds).
2. Add in the cacao and salt and blend again for a few seconds, using a spatular to scrape the mixture off the edges so that it is all mixed in evenly.
3. Add in the rice malt syrup and blend again to combine with the rest of the mixture - this should be a very quick blend because you don't want to over mix it at this point.
4. Using a spatular to scoop out the mixture and put it in a mixing bowl, add in the buckwheat groats and quinoa puffs and mix until they are well integrated. Then put the mixture in patty cases or silicon mould of your choice.
5. Freeze for a minimum of 30mins, but the longer the better!