Makes 10 -12
1 cup almond meal
1/3 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch Himalayan pink salt
1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted coconut oil + extra for greasing the dougnut tray
Cinnamon Sugar - >
1. Pre heat oven to 180C (fan forced)
2. Melt about 1/4 cup of coconut oil, set aside 2 tbsp of it and use the rest to grease a 6-hole doughut tray well.
3. Put the almond meal, arrowroot powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the almond milk, rice malt syrup, vanilla, eggs and coconut oil.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk until you have a wet batter.
6. Pour the mixture into the holes of the greased doughnut tray, filling each one close to the brim.
7. Put the tray in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
8. When you take the tray out of the oven allow it to cool for 5 minutes or so before using a flat knife to slowly help the doughnuts out of the holes, using it around the entire outer circle of the doughnut so that it keeps it's form.
9. Once the doughnuts are out dip them in the melted coconut oil and then into the cinnamon sugar mix and enjoy!
2-3 tbsp coconut oil melted
2.5 tbsp coconut sugar, glucose powder, xylitol, or other sugar-like sweetener*
1 tsp cinnamon
I do a combination of glucose powder and xylitol - the ratio I use is 1 tbsp of xylitol to 1.5 tbsp of glucose powder