Macadamia and herb crusted
fish n chips
A lighter, healthier alternative to the classic and much loved ‘fish n chips
4 white fish fillets - snapper, barramundi, pacific dory - all work well
1 large or 2 medium sweet potato
2-3 golden potatoes, washed, skin on
Olive oil or coconut oil
Himalayan pink salt and pepper
1 and 1/2 cups macadamias
1/3 cup of polenta
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup dill
1-2 medium garlic cloves
Rind of 1 lemon
1. Pre heat oven to 200C.
2. Wash and dry sweet potato and potato, chop thinly into fries, put them in a bowl and coat well with olive or coconut oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Place baking paper on a wide oven tray and spread the fries so that they are not layered on top of each other. Put the tray in the oven for 30 -40 mins, watching so they don't burn and turning them over at the half way mark.
4. While the chips are cooking; place macadamias, parsley, dill, garlic cloves and lemon rind in a small food processor or blender, blend until a combined crumbly consistency is reached, then add polenta and salt and pepper and mix again for a few seconds.
5. Pour this mixture into a shallow dish, and an egg in a separate shallow dish, whisk the egg lightly with a fork.
6. Put a large non stick fry pan on a medium - high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Place one of the fish fillets in the egg, coating completely, then put it straight into the crumb mixture covering the whole fillet. Once the pan is hot you can start cooking the fish, leave it for a few minutes on one side then flip it over and cook the other side until both sides are golden and the middle is cooked, repeat this with the rest of the fillets.
Serve with lemon wedge, dill and chips