Makes 12 skewers, with 4 prawns per skewer
48 prawns, raw, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup olive oil
4-6 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
1/2 tsp chili flakes
12 bamboo skewers
Salt and Pepper
A couple of sprigs of parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
BBQ'd Garlic, Chili-lime Prawn skewers
1. You will need to infuse the garlic-chili oil over night. Firstly, put the oil in a large fry pan and add the minced or finely chopped garlic and the chili flakes, leave to cook on high heat for 3-5 mins, until fragrant, but don't let the garlic burn. Take the fry pan off the heat and leave to cool, when cooled put in a jar or bottle and leave to infuse overnight.
2. Soak the bamboo skewers for 30mins or a few hours. Dry them with paper towel then thread the prawns onto them, four to each skewer.
3. Place the skewers in a dish and cover with the garlic, chili oil. Sprinkle a good amount of salt and pepper over the top and then leave to marinate for minimum 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Cook the marinated prawn skewers on the BBQ for 3-5 mins each side or until the prawns are cooked through.
5. Put the skewers on a serving plate, drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with parsely.