Gingerbread Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Makes 12-14 cupcakes
2 cups almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
sprinkle of allspice (optional)
1/2 tsp fine him pink salt
1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil
2/3 cup Rice Malt Syrup
Icing - recipe to the right
1. Make the icing - recipe to the right.
2. Pre heat the oven to 150C, fan forced.
3. Put the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, all spice and salt in a blender or food processor, mix well to combine.
4. Add in the oil and rice malt syrup, mix well. Then add in the eggs and mix again until you have a batter.
5. Pour the batter into patty cases, half filled, and put in the oven to cook for 20 -25 mins. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
6. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and leave to cool.
7. When the cupcakes have cooled down completely, prepare the strawberries by chopping off the green part and placing the strawberry on top of the cupcake with the point at the top. Pipe the icing all around the strawberry, starting at the base and working your way up to the top. Eat straight away or refrigerate.
1 cup of cashews, soaked for a couple of hours or overnight
3 tbsp coconut oil
6 tbsp rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp fine Himalayan pink salt
20 spinach leaves
1. Drain the water from the soaked cashews and put the cashews in a blender or small food processor, blend well, adding melted coconut oil 1 tbsp at a time.
2. Add in the rice malt syrup, vanilla and salt and blend further until it is all combined and smooth in texture.
3. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.