Quinoa corn chips
1/4 cup quinoa flour
2 tbsp polenta
1 tbsp amaranth flour or brown rice flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot powder (+ more to dust at the end)
1 tbsp melted coconut oil or olive oil (or a mixture of the two)
2 tbsp water (add slowly, 1 at a time- you may need 3)
1 tbsp flaxseeds
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink rock salt
Sprinkle of turmeric - about 1/4 tsp
1. Pre heat the oven to 170C.
2. Put quinoa flour, polenta, amaranth flour, tapioca flour, salt and turmeric in a medium sized bowl and mix well until combined.
3. Add the olive oil and mix well until the mixture is crumbly.
4. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time, mixing until the mixture comes together. Then mix in the flaxseeds
5. Get two large sheets of baking paper, similarly sizes and lay on flat on a bench top, sprinkle with some tapioca or arrowroot flour then place the mixture on top of it, sprinkle some more tapioca or arrowroot flour on the top of the mixture and then place the other sheet of baking paper on top. Use a rolling pin to roll the mixture flat and even, about 2-3 mm thick. Then get a sharp knife and cut triangle outlines into the flattened mixture (on top of the top sheet of baking paper)
6. Put the baking sheet on a tray and take the top sheet off, put it in the oven for 15 mins, checking at 10 mins to make sure that they're not burning, then again at 15 mins. The outter chips may be done now, take the tray out of the oven and break off the outer chips (they should break easily because of the pre cutting into triangle shapes). Leave the cooked chips aside for five mins to cool and crisp up. Put the rest back in the oven for a further 5 mins to cook.