Lamb kofta and Lemony herbed quinoa salad w pomegranate and macadamia
Makes 16 - 20 kofta (depending on size), 4 or 5 per person
500g good quality lamb mince (it makes a difference)
1 large egg whisked
1 brown onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp each sweet paprika, and ground cumin
Sprinkle of chili flakes or cayenne pepper
Sprinkle of all spice
Generous amount of salt and pepper
Lemony Herbed Quinoa Salad (recipe here)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C.
2. Place all the ingredients for the kofta in a food processor and mix to combine for about 30 seconds.
3. Use your hands to form shapes like the above picture of the lamb mixture and place them on a baking paper lined tray. Put them in the oven for 15 - 20 mins or until cooked.
5. While the kofta is cooking, make the lemony herbed quinoa salad.
6. Once the quinoa is cooked (it should be nice and fluffy), add the cucumber, spring onion, parsely, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, mix well and then leave to cool slightly. Once it has cooled down a bit add the chopped mint leaves and half the pomegranate seeds.
Put the quinoa salad in a serving bowl and top with the rest of the pomegranate and the chopped macadamias.
7. Take the kofta out of the oven and serve with the quinoa salad and baba ganoush.