Little Zucchini Pancakes with Tomato Relish
Makes 10-12 bite-size pancakes
1 medium zucchini (approx. 170g)
2 spring onion stalks, green and white part (optional)
1/3 cup flour of choice (I used quinoa flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Good crack of black pepper
2 tbsp water
1-2 tsp coconut or olive oil
Tomato relish (Recipe here)
1. Make tomato relish if you haven't already (Recipe here)
2. Grate the zucchini into a large mixing bowl.
3. chop the spring onion finely and add to the zucchini.
4. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and then add it to the zucchini mix. Mix together well.
5. add a good crack of black pepper and the egg, mixing well with a fork, add the water and mix to combine, until you have a chunky batter.
6. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium-high heat, put 1 tsp of coconut or olive oil on the pan and when t is hot spoon some of the batter in little round shapes onto the pan. Leave to cook for 2-3 mins before flipping over and cooking the other side for a further 1-2 mins. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
7. Arrange the pancakes onto a flat serving dish and put a small spoonful of relish on each one. Garnish with coriander, spring onion or other herb of choice.