Loaded seed and Honey Roasted pumpkin salad
3 big handfuls of mixed lettuce leaves - rocket and baby spinach are great
1 butternut pumpkin, cut into 1 com thick slices
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp raw honey
Himalayan pink salt and pepper
1/4 cup uncooked tri coloured quinoa or black rice
1 tsp Coconut oil
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chopped mint and parsely leaves
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Pre heat the oven to 220C fan forced.
2. Make the pumpkin marinade/dressing by mixing 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice and the honey w some salt and pepper. Put the pumpkin slices on a tray and coast with half of the marinade (leave the rest as dressing).
3. Put the pumpkin in the oven and roast for 30-40 mins.
4. Cook the quinoa as per the instructions.
5. Heat a small non stick fry pan on a low heat and add 1 tsp of coconut oil, when it's heated add the walnuts and sunflower seeds and sprinkle with some fine himalayan pink salt. Let them fry until they start to brown slightly, around 3-5 mins. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
6. When the quinoa and pumpkin are cooked, put the lettuce leaves in a bowl with the chopped parsely and mint, and toss with any remaining lemon juice from the lemon. Put the lettuce leaves on a serving plate, then add the quinoa on top of it. Place the roasted pumpkin on top of the quinoa and then sprinkle drizzle the remaining dressing over the top.
7. Finally, sprinkle the salad with the toasted walnuts and sunflower seeds and the pomegranate seeds.