Middle Eastern Bowl
Based on 1 serving
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa, white or tri colour
Roast Eggplant OR baba ganoush (recipe here)
Roast chick peas OR hummus
Roast Sweet potato and/or carrot ‘fries'
Roast capsicum and/or tomato
1 handful of baby spinach
Roast veggie spice mix:
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)*
Cumin tahini (recipe here)
*Cinnamon is better in a warmer bowl.
**If you want to bulk it up a bit, lamb kofta works really well! (Recipe here). It would be best to pre make this.
1. Pick about 4 or 5 options from the roast and raw veg lists. If roasting veggies, pre heat oven to 220C (fan forced)
2. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions.
3. Put any of the roast veggies of choice on a baking paper lined oven tray. Cover generously with olive oil, sprinkle with the roast veggie spice mix and a good shake of salt and pepper, put in the oven for 20-30 mins.
4. While the quinoa is cooking and the veggies are roasting, make any sauces or dips that you want to use and then cut up or prepare any of the raw veggies, i.e. cucumber sticks.
5. When the quinoa and roast veggies are cooked, arrange them in a bowl and then top with Baba Ganoush or Hummus, if using, then drizzle with tahini dressing.