Miso salmon, Brown rice and kale bowl
1/4 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa
2 stalks of kale
1 small salmon fillet (I prefer skin on)
1 tbsp miso paste
a few tbsp Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Miso ginger tahini dressing (recipe here)
1. Cook the brown rice for 30 - 40 mins (according to packet instructions). Meanwhile, use your fingers to rub miso paste onto the top of the salmon fillet and place it in the fridge to marinate for half an hour or so.
3. Take the leaves of the stalk off the kale and finely chop the leaves into small pieces.
4. Once the brown rice has cooked, add the chopped kale and mix through using the heat to wilt the kale slightly. Add some salt and pepper to taste, mix again and add a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Turn a non stick fry pan onto a high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil, once hot place the salmon fillet in it, skin side down and cook, turning every few minutes, or until it is cooked to your preference.
6. Put the brown rice and kale mix into a bowl, place the salmon on top and some avocado slices on top of the salmon, sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with the miso ginger dressing.