SARS Bar Slice
Makes 1 small slice
Honey almond layer:
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp coconut oil
A good pinch of fine Himalayan pink salt
1 cup quinoa puffs
1/4 cup activated buckwheat
75 cacao butter
20g cacao powder
45g maple syrup
pinch fine himalayan pink Salt
couple drops Vanilla
1 tbsp coconut milk
1. Put almond butter, honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan over a very low heat, stir as it heats up slowly mixing until it all combines and reaches a smooth consistency. Sprinkle in some salt to taste.
2. Take the mixture off heat and add quinoa puffs and activated buckwheat, stir through until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into a small baking paper lined tray and freeze for 20 - 30 mins.
4. When the almond honey layer has frozen make the chocolate layer. Start by melting the cacao butter on a very low heat. Once completely melted, take the saucepan off the heat and add in the cacao powder and maple syrup, mixing until smooth.
5. Add a pinch of salt, the vanilla and coconut milk. Stir until combined and a taste that you like. Add more maple syrup if you prefer it sweeter.
6. Drizzle the chocolate layer onto the frozen honey almond layer and spread evenly. Put back in the freezer for 10-15mins, then cut and serve!