Sauteed Kale, Roasted Carrot and Toasted Hazelnut Salad
6 Carrots, (multi colored are a treat for the eyes)
1 cup kale, roughly chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted then roughly chopped
1 tbsp tahini
2 tsp hemp seed or olive oil
Water to mix (start with 1 tbsp, add another tbps as you mix)
Micro herbs or sprouts, to garnish
1. Pre heat oven to 200C.
2. Chop the carrots length wise and then again across, so they are in four half round 'sticks'.
3. Coat the carrots with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil, 1 tsp of the paprika and a generous amount of salt and pepper and put in the oven on a baking paper lined tray for 20-30 mins.
4. While carrots are cooking, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a fry pan on medium heat, add the roughly chopped kale and sautee for 3-5 mins, sprinkle remaining paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Set aside the Kale and add the hazelnuts to the pan, watching them as the cook for 2-3 minutes. Don't let them burn. Once they are warm, set them aside, allow them to cool and then chop them up roughly.
6. To make the dressing, mix tahini, oil and water in a bowl (you can add salt and pepper but you don't need to). Keep adding water until it is at the desired consistency to drizzle it over the dish.
7. Take the carrot out of the oven, place the kale on a board or plate, arrange the carrots on top, then sprinkle with hazelnuts. Add some micro herbs or sprouts on top as garnish and then drizzle with the dressing.