Sweet Potato Brownies
1 medium sweet potato (approx. 400g)
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 a tsp of Himalayan pink salt
3/4 cup rice malt syrup + 2 tbsp honey (or just 3/4 cup honey)
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 C Fan forced.
2. Line an oven tray with baking paper, chop sweet potato into 2 cm cubes and coat with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil and a 1/4 tsp of the Himalayan pink salt. Put the tray in the oven and leave to bake for 30-40 mins or until soft.
3. Line a 20cm by 20cm baking dish with baking paper and set aside for later.
4. Take the sweet potato out of the oven and turn the temperature down to 160C.
5. Put the sweet potato in a food processor (or blender) with the melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, honey and vanilla, blend well, until combined.
6. In a separate bowl combine almond meal, cacao, baking powder, baking soda and remaining 1/4 tsp salt, mix well.
7. Add the dry mix to the wet mix in the food processor, blend together and then add the eggs, blending further until you have a batter.
8. Fill the prepared baking dish with the batter and put it in the oven to bake for 20- 30 mins.