Turmeric and sesame sweet potato fries
Serves 1 as a side or snack
1 medium sweet potato (approx 220g), washed and dried, skin on
2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
A good sprinkle of Himalayan pink rock salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C (fan forced)
2. Cut the sweet potato in half, through the middle/width, then cut the two halves lengthways (for thinner chips slice lengthways again), then cut into chips.
3. Put chips in a bowl, drizzle with the coconut or olive oil, use your hands to toss the chips and make sure they are all coated well in the oil.
4. Sprinkle with salt, tossing again.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the chips out flat in a single layer, sprinkle with turmeric and sesame seeds.
6. Put the tray in the oven and cook for 30-40 mins, checking and turning the chips with tongs at 20 mins. Check again at 30 mins, if they could be crunchier then return to the oven and keep cooking for a further 10 mins.